Tuesday 10 May 2011

CHALK THE FUCKERS

After this last year of misery attending the death sentence that is High School, I could not be happier about leaving. All that shit you hear in American teen dramas (My So Called Life) and angsty teen novels (Adrain Mole) is true. 
No exaggerations are ever made of how hard it is to grow up and become who you really are in such a threatening and cruel environment. I have spent the last year in despair, with my head on my desk and my hands over my ears - trying - desperately - to block out the noise of the twenty or so self interested idiots I share a class room with. 

School is not for fun. School is an endurance test and the license you need to live a Westernised life.
I wish people would stop trying to have fun. Make friends. Blend in or stand out. 
Choose your friends carefully and you can help each other through the whole thing but my no means aspire to be a part of the popularity contest or the shallow hierarchy that exists in these places.  

FALL OUTS. MAKE UPS. GETTIN PISHED ON A FEW BEERS. MSN CHATS. HORSE RIDING. WHO KISSED WHO? KEEPING UP. WHAT A BITCH. 

I am going to sound like such an utter cock here but I just don't understand how my mind appears to have matured beyond the trivial nonsense they spend their wasted days dwelling on. How do I have a better understanding of respect and manners? We have spent the same amount of time on this planet and I am hardly a pillar of academia or a beacon of knowledge. 
These ignorant little shits still think reading is uncool, recycling is pointless, relationships are competitions, friendships are disposable. 
I need to open their minds! I have restrained from opening their skulls with my fingernails this long so now, I think I am entitled to a little indulgence. 

I plan to chalk inescapable loveliness everywhere I trot tomorrow. Obviously within reason as I respect other's property. I will stick to walls and pavements safe in the knowledge that these little phrases are as ephemeral as dog pee and will be washed aways in the rain in no time.

I am a little torn between overly pretentious quotes and happy little comments. "DON'T WORRY. THINGS WILL GET BETTER." or nice quotes like "BEGIN DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO NOW. WE ARE NOT LIVING IN ETERNITY.

I am trying my best to avoid the more sinister 
"SAVE THE WORLD. KILL YOURSELF" but we'll see. o










No comments:

Post a Comment